Tuesday 27 March 2012

20 Days After Labiaplasty

I had just gotten out of the shower and was checking my messages when I had the thought: "Since I'm naked and holding my phone, I may as well take a photo of my twat". So, here it is, twenty days after the labiaplasty surgery:



It's settled down a fair bit, the right and left sides are looking a lot more even in thickness, which is good. One thing that bothers me slightly is how my left side labia is almost 'cut' in half - you can see how it folds away and the reappears about halfway down its length. When I feel it, it seems like the labia was almost cut down completely at that point. 

I'm still going to give it some time, and perhaps it just folds that way because of the position I sit in when I take these photos, but I really don't like the idea that my labia were "over trimmed". The only reason why I think my surgeon may have done that is because I asked her to cut all the brown parts out just before surgery. Maybe I will contact her and ask if that's what happened.


In other news, it looks like my private health insurance will pay for some of my surgery after all! They're at least going to pay for the hospital admission, minus the $250 excess. That means I'm expecting about $1200 back in a rebate. I won't go into the full details yet, because nothing has been finalised yet, but it means my upcoming cost breakdown post will be a bit delayed. I'm very relieved about being covered after all. Some miscommunication seems to have happened between my doctor's rooms and the hospital.



Another post I want to write soon is what I've learned from Reddit when I linked this blog in an AMA (Ask Me Anything) submission to /r/Sex and /r/TwoXChromosomes. Some of the comments there were pretty illuminating. I want to try one more AMA on the much widely read /r/IAMA board first though, so I'll hold off on that post til I gather more thoughts from the Reddit community.

But those posts will have to wait for now. I'll blog again later.