Thursday 15 March 2012

Follow-up appointment with my surgeon

Today I had the follow-up appointment with my plastic surgeon. The first thing she asked was if there was any trace of infection. Nope, none. How's the pain? Really haven't had any. After one week, the only time I took painkillers was for menstrual cramps. She was impressed. Apparently I have a high pain threshold. That's possibly true but I also think she just looked after my very well during surgery :)

My surgeon had a look at my vulva and was gushing about how good it looked. I was a little surprised about how pleased she was. Was she talking herself up or was it really that good? I brought up how I thought the right side looked a little swollen and rumpled (like I said in my last few posts). She agreed and pointed out that it's likely to go through dramatic changes over the next few weeks and that it's only around the six week mark that things will start to look more permanent. I had heard this previously, so I guess I better just wait.

I still have a few sutures in there which she thinks should fall out within a few days. Apparently I should be a bit more rough with a towel after showers - no need to just pat dry anymore. Apparently I can also start going back to more normal routine. I'm a little nervous about starting exercising again though. I may wait a few more weeks for that. Then again, I did just use a vibrator yesterday...maybe it is okay.

Here is today's photo, a vulva apparently worth gushing over:


You can see the last suture there on the bottom left of my labia. It's looking a little better compared to yesterday, but I still think it looked best just after the operation. I guess I'll take weekly photos from now on to compare changes.

I have another appointment to see her in about six weeks. I'm still very happy I had this procedure done. No pain, minimal bleeding and great management by my surgeon. I've even done crazy stuff like skydiving and playing with vibrators within a week of the surgery, with no negative effects.

I'll post again less frequently from now on, but feel free to ask any questions in the comments section.