Thursday 8 March 2012

The morning after


I slept fairly comfortably overnight. I went to bed with an icepack in my panties. In the morning, there were only a few drops of blood on it and almost no discomfort. Later in the day, I noticed that there was a lot more blood, but because I was feeling a lot of cramps, I'm pretty sure it's my period and not any problems from the surgery. I took painkillers for the first time since the surgery, but only for the cramps! I've also been taking the anti-swelling and antibiotics as preventative measures.

I've done a fair bit of walking today. I had some minor errands to run. There weren't any problems while I walked around, although the icepacks were rubbing against my legs sometimes. The post-op instructions said that I should have icepacks on for 20 minutes, then off for twenty minutes, but I've pretty much just worn them until they've melted and then replaced them.


Here is a photo of my vulva the day after the operation. You can see a bit more blood in this photo but I'm sure most of it is menstrual. It looks a little bit more swollen than yesterday but I'm still very happy with the overall look. Usually when I look down there, the long, brown ends of my labia were the first thing I noticed. Today, I found myself looking further to find them, as if I just hadn't reached far enough! But nope, they're gone! Bye bye, long and uncomfortable labia!