Monday 12 March 2012

Five days later

I've been interstate on a trip - with no problems post surgery, with the exception of itching (which I was warned about). Sitting in the plane and car for several hours wasn't a problem (which is great, since my surgeon suggested that I would have problems with that) and I even did it without any icepack. 

I have been seeing a bit of white discharge over the weekend - I think this might be thrush. It's not bothering me yet though, so I'm going to continue with the antibiotics.


There really hasn't been much pain from this operation at all! The only time it hurts a little is when I pat my vulva dry after the shower or toilet, but that seems perfectly reasonable. So the only real downside of travelling so soon after surgery was that I wasn't able to swim at the beach on hot days! Oh, and I didn't have much alcohol either, given that I was taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of my trip - I even went bungee jumping with no issues :)


Here is my vulva five days after the operation, post menstrual cycle and post bungee jumping!


To be honest, I think it's become more swollen and almost rumpled since the last photo I took. I know that the shape of it is meant to change pretty drastically over the first few weeks - and maybe jumping off a platform with a rope tied to my legs didn't help it. Hopefully it'll settle down soon.


The blood you can see there isn't menstrual blood - it's from the sutures. I had just had a shower when I took this photo, and cleaning it was a little painful. One suture also fell out, which may be why it's bleeding. I'm not too concerned about the blood - more about the look and feel of it. 


The edges of my labia seem harder to touch - I guess it's a mix of sutures and scar tissue - but I assume it'll get softer again over time. 


I'll be seeing my plastic surgeon again later this week. I'll be taking a few more photos until then.