Monday 5 March 2012

No insurance, but still going ahead.


Well, the nurse called and didn't have the best news. Looks like my health insurance was too basic to cover labiaplasty. Apparently it will pay for some of the private hospital stay and anaesthetic costs, which the nurse estimated would be around $300. This means that the labiaplasty surgery will leave me out of pocket by about $5000, after the Medicare and private health insurance rebates. I guess I'll just have to dip into my savings.

On the plus side, the nurse said that having my period isn't a problem. I'll need to wear a tampon. After surgery, patients typically wear pads to catch any light bleeding from the sutures anyway.

Well, it's going ahead. Tomorrow I will hand in my admission forms to the private hospital and on Wednesday I will go in for an early morning labiaplasty! Wish me luck.